[teacherartexchange] NEW K-8 photo teacher

---------

From: Patterson Beckwith (pbeckwith_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 01:18:23 PDT

anyone have any K-8 PHOTO ACTIVITIES?
Hello, I am new to the list and to this age group. I was hired to
teach PHOTOGRAPHY in an after-school program at a new charter school
in Los Angeles, to groups of 1st-3rd & 4-8th grade students.
There is no darkroom, there are no cameras, and not much money for
supplies. I have to develop 16 1-hour lesson plans for each group
(1st-3rd & 4-8th).
I think I can get a disposable camera for each student that they can
use during class time on school grounds; I also plan to buy some
Sunprint (water developing cyanotype paper) material for outdoor
rayographs. That will exhaust the budget, but I'm afraid not last
longer than a few classes.
ANY SUGGESTIONS/LESSON IDEAS? Advice? Thanks!