[teacherartexchange] Imaginative artists--why?

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 14:46:00 PDT

To explain why I asked the question about imaginative
artists...and hopefully this is will explain the
context a couple asked for...
Recently there was a question in the group about what
artists do and lots of verbs came back. Like that
artists preserve memories, synthesize, create or
imagine. So... each week I have been talking about
examples of artists who do these things. It has been a
good although open ended discussion. Next week is
imagine. So...Does this explanation function as a
context? I hope someone will challenge me to think
rightly about this if there is such a thing...
I guess for me personally I started wondering if
imagination wasn't my own personal definition for art
because I could hardly think of an artist that didn't
use imagination--often in such interesting ways. But I
had seen it on the list...
Beth