Re: [teacherartexchange] Portable word wall

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 16:05:44 PDT

> I'm just about ready to start my second year of teaching. I've
> already made
> some improvements that will hopefully make this year easier than
> the first
> year. I do, however, have one thing I'm stumped on. At one of my
> schools I
> teach off the cart. I'd like very much to have a word wall that I
> can bring
> to each class (grades K-8), but the things I tried last year didn't
> quite
> work (mostly because they were too bulky). My room on the cart is
> limited,
> as is my budget. Does anyone know of something that would work?
>
> -Beth
> Chicago, IL

I usually did displays of words students had designed well into the
semester.
They worked with words they had previously worked with. The word wall
was
to reinforce their understanding and show off to others around the
school.
See, we really do work with difficult terms in the art room.
                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons