Re: [teacherartexchange] Portable word wall

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 13:43:29 PDT

I'm with Michal,
        Strips of poster board and markers are all you need. Each student
can design a word,
perhaps making it look like what it means. You can post them later
for the entire school to
see and discuss. Here's a word wall my students did.
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/WallOfWords.html
                                                        Woody

On Sep 3, 2006, at 1:59 PM, M. Austin wrote:

> Words on a long, thin strip of poster board taped to your cart.
> A poster hanging from you cart somehow (mine had a rack I had built
> to display reproductions)
> Students write the words on their portfolios or in their sketchbook
> Ask classroom teacher for a spot in their classroom for your words
> An area in the hallway with definintions and examples
>
> Just off the top of my head
> ~Michal
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
>

>> I'm just about ready to start my second year of teaching. I've
>> already made some improvements that will hopefully make this year
>> easier than the first year. I do, however, have one thing I'm
>> stumped
>> on. At one of my schools I teach off the cart. I'd like very
>> much to
>> have a word wall that I can bring to each class (grades K-8), but the
>> things I tried last year didn't quite work (mostly because they were
>> too bulky). My room on the cart is limited, as is my budget. Does
>> anyone know of something that would work?

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703