Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Portable word wall

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 12:59:17 PDT

Words on a long, thin strip of poster board taped to your cart.
A poster hanging from you cart somehow (mine had a rack I had built to
display reproductions)
Students write the words on their portfolios or in their sketchbook
Ask classroom teacher for a spot in their classroom for your words
An area in the hallway with definintions and examples

Just off the top of my head
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

> I'm just about ready to start my second year of teaching. I've
> already made some improvements that will hopefully make this year
> easier than the first year. I do, however, have one thing I'm stumped
> on. At one of my schools I teach off the cart. I'd like very much to
> have a word wall that I can bring to each class (grades K-8), but the
> things I tried last year didn't quite work (mostly because they were
> too bulky). My room on the cart is limited, as is my budget. Does
> anyone know of something that would work?

To unsubscribe go to