Re: [teacherartexchange] Imaginative artists

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 19:26:29 PDT

Beth,
        I always started out my sixth graders each year by trying to
demonstrate
the four components of a creative person: Fluency, Flexibility,
Elaboration
and Originality. Off the top of my head the contemporary artist that
comes to
mind is Judy Chicago. She lives about 35 miles south of here in Belin,
New Mexico. I'm going to try and convince the Docents at our museum to
arrange a visit to her studio.

Fluency: Means coming up with a large number of ideas.

Flexibility: Means coming up with varied concepts.

Elaboration: Means putting lots of information into your work.

Originality: Means to be new and unique in your thinking.

http://www.judychicago.com/judychicago.php?p=dinnerparty1

                                                Woody
Another living artists that comes to mind is the Spanish artist Jaume
Plensa.

http://www.taospaint.com/Chicago/Plensa.html

I'd be interested in what others think.

On Sep 2, 2006, at 3:49 PM, Elizabeth Heisey wrote:

> Which artists do you think are most imaginative?
> Thanks in advance.
> Beth

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net