Re: [teacherartexchange] Go ahead, try choice in difficult circumstances(long)

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 18:56:36 PDT

In my room there are no topics or themes given by me.
I only teach them a brief introduction on how to use a
center and the materials within the center. Later I
plan to add lessons on techniques or art history or
whatever comes up after all of the centers are open.
This is what I gleaned from other TAB choice teachers
on the list. Everyone seems to do things a little
different according to their own teaching style.

What is supposed to be gained by the kids in "graded
courses of study for art?" Are the grades supposed to
be for the teacher's accountability or for the
student's? Could you possibly have the kids fill out
an assessment sheet or an artist statement after they
finish each project and leave that with you for your
grading? - Mikel