Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Art from Trash - Kinetic Sculpture - Jean Tinguely

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 03:37:35 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is an artist I had forgotten about - Jean Tinguely:
Sculptures from recycled metal, etc.

He was brought back to mind by a NY Times article about a joint
exhibit with work of Niki de Saint Phalle. They collaborated on many

For Tinguely and Saint Phalle, a Show is a Posthumous Reunion

"Their relationship was forged initially by love, but what sustained
it for more than 30 years was their close collaboration in art and
the belief that each was the other's most important friend."

"Now, with 'Niki and Jean: Art and Love' the Tinguely Museum here is
for the first time presenting their work side by side, along with
photographs, drawings and models of some of the monumental projects
they did together, most famously the Stravinsky Fountain beside the
Georges Pompidou Center in Paris. The show runs through Jan. 21."

Subscription is free for on line N Y Times. This is a great way to
bring current events into your classroom. You get three articles every
day for the Arts - with the link to more articles. I skim through Art
& Design everyday looking for tidbits to share.

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to