Re: [teacherartexchange] TAB Choice Excitement! Off to a GREAT Start

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 19:19:09 PDT

Water cups with lids OR yogurt cups. In my classroom without a sink I have
cups with lids - at the end of class the students put the lids on the cups
and put the cups at the end of the tables. I go to each table and put the
water cups in a large plastic tub. In my other room I put yogurt cups filled
1/2 way with water. At the end of class I put the cups into a bucket - dirty
water and all. I take care of all clean up with younger students, and as
they get older I start giving them the responsibility of cleaning up. I do
not allow my primary students out of their chairs unless it is completely
controled by me, and even then it is rarely. They can help quite abit just
by putting supplies in order - all portfolios in one pile, sharpies in
another. While I am grabbing supplies to put away I am engaging them by
reviewing concepts with them. I only have them for 20 minutes and have found
I can distribute and collect all supplies in 5 min., leaving 15 min. for
work time. I have tried having students help clean up and I find I lose too
much work time. By the time the students are in 6th grade they are in total
control of clean up.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids