Re: [teacherartexchange] TAB Choice Excitement! Off to a GREAT Start

---------

From: Eileen Ellis (iforget000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 19:18:11 PDT

I have been at this catholic school for 12 years. When I started the
room was used for music classes which the kids hated every year. There
was no art teacher. it has taken years to build
up the supplies I have. Every locker is full, every cabinet is full
and I just have room for their portfolios on the shelves. I will never
get a sink until the boys bathroom on the other side of the wall is
remodeled and each year something else need to be repaired in this old
building.

I do however have technology. I have alaptop and activboard and wacom
tablet which the kids love to use. I figure that is one place I could
implement TAB but only one kid at a time.

I also photograph or scan all my students art and upload it to a free
website. Each year it bothers me when I see projects that look like
cookie cutter art. I see the kids working so hard to do something new
and are so proud of their work. I push the older kids to think on
their own.
They respond well.

It's going to take some thought. I think the kids will help me the
most. They are creative in many ways!

EE