[teacherartexchange] Tessellation video

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 11:42:44 PDT

Jim McNeill is the illustrator/animator of my "Dropping in on" series by
Crystal Productions. http://www.jimmcneill.com/

His tessellation demonstration video is exceptionally well made if you are
looking for a "how-to" resource. Included in the video are step-by-step
instructions for translations, rotations, and reflections. I've used this
video numerous times with kids and adults. Because you can stop, rewind, and
replay, it is particularly helpful.

Jim and I also wrote a book with these step-by-step instructions. It, too,
is available through Crystal Productions or Amazon.
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/

For those of you who deal with animation in your classrooms, Jim also has a
Flash demo on his website.

If anyone is attending the AZ art ed assoc conference next month, Jim and I
will be presenting our newest video/book, "Dropping in on Grant Wood." We'll
have copies at the conference and Jim will autograph them for you.

Pam

**********
Join us in June 2006 for Paris, Avignon, and the French Riviera
For details, visit:
http://www.artresourcesforteachers.com/2006Travel.html

Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432 (voice mail) 928.523.3333 (fax)
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm