[teacherartexchange] Instrumental Lunch/ Escher QUESTION/ and cutting the digest!

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 19:39:27 PDT

Three things:

1. For the teacher who posted about decorating the
cafeteria, how about having kids create big banners of
healthy lunch foods? Or, kind of like what the other
poster said, have kids make pictures of lunch food
playing music. Like, a hamburger playing the trumpet,
etc..

2. I need a good lesson idea, kind of simple, because
it is for 2nd graders.. using the art of Escher as
inspiration. Our school has a different artist every
month that I teach and Escher is for next month. Do
you think tessellations is too hard for this age? Do
you have an easy way to teach it, or another idea? It
doesn't have to be exactly like Escher's work, maybe
something with repeating shapes...

3. While I LOVE to read the digest, I've noticed some
days that it is super long because people will respond
to other messages without cutting off the previous
days' digest in their response. Thanks! Marcia in WI