Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Club Idea - Premo Sculpey/friendly plastic

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 12:22:07 PDT

A cool thing you can do with sculpy or fimo is to make canes or checkerboards etc. and then slice them
off thinly with a razor and stick them to a Bic pen. We added little heads on the end of the pen. You have to watch them carefully. My toaster oven at home was too hot and melted them and the pen--my big oven worked fine. You may want to lower the heat or lessen the time. Practice first so you won't melt down all the projects!!

>>> 09/29/05 5:57 AM >>>
Hello all,
I am beginning an after school art club with my 5th - 7th graders and
was wondering if anyone had some good lessons on jewelry making with
sculpey and friendly plastic. I used friendly plastic years ago, but
that was when I was a kid myself. If you have a good book to recommend
or some basic ideas for just starting out, I would greatly appreciate

Sarah Markwald