Re: [teacherartexchange] clean-up-Stacie

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 18:02:12 PDT

I came up with the idea of having "Art Stars". Each student has a popsicle
stick with their name on it. Each class has their own storage cup. I draw 2
sticks each week and those two students are my "Art Stars". They get to sit
at a big table by my chalkboard, so they get lots of elbow room, really
special supplies like sparklie pencils and a really cool hand held pencil
sharpener, and they are my helpers. They are the only two that may be out of
their seat, and they do all the chores. If clean-up requires more help then
my stars choose a helper. It has worked especially well. I have assigned
seats, and when I draw for my Art Stars then the old and new stars just
trade spots.

It has been interesting to see what everyone else does for classroom
management/clean-up. It seems no matter how long I teach I am always looking
for either a better way to do things, or just something different!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids