Re: [teacherartexchange] Students' art content

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 15:44:23 PDT

My answer is simple - no blood, no weapons, and if you can't wear it on a
t-shirt to school then you can't put it in your art. I firmly believe this
for my K-10 students. IF I have a mature student in grades 11 & 12 who wants
to tackle a controversial subject then I will support them, but they have to
explain why they want to express that particular idea (this is just so I
know they really want to do it and not just for shock value).
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids