Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Students' art content

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 15:44:23 PDT

My answer is simple - no blood, no weapons, and if you can't wear it on a
t-shirt to school then you can't put it in your art. I firmly believe this
for my K-10 students. IF I have a mature student in grades 11 & 12 who wants
to tackle a controversial subject then I will support them, but they have to
explain why they want to express that particular idea (this is just so I
know they really want to do it and not just for shock value).
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

> I was asking about the policies regarding student-made artwork. Does
> anyone
> have official policies regarding acceptable content in student art?
> Your responses are greatly appreciated!
> -Dawn in Tucson

To unsubscribe go to