Re: [teacherartexchange] Docents for the Blind

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 11:22:01 PDT

Many museums have made 3-d versions of some of their famous paintings. These
relief reproductions enable visitors to run their hands over and feel the
main contours, or lines of the painting. A simple glue line over the
contours (such as on a reproduction of the painting) is also helpful.
Since the visitors you mentioned had sight at one time, describing the
paintings in vivid detail (including color) is fine. Describing the
positions using the clock (i.e. 5:00 position of the canvas) is helpful.

Melissa