[teacherartexchange] Docents for the Blind

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 10:54:43 PDT

Docent training on Monday morning was about describing
museum exhibits to blind visitors. A great lady named
Lucy (Blind) lead the session. It was very informative.
She said most blind visitors to art museums would be
people who became blind and used to visit museums.
We have a tour of about 12 blind visitors scheduled
soon but I'll miss it due to taking the grandkids to
Disneyland. If anyone out there has information on
describing paintings to the blind or resources I could
check on please let me know.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque