[teacherartexchange] what to charge for workshop

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 07:20:48 PDT

I've been asked to do an all-day make-take woodcut
workshop in Jan or Feb. I'll provide the supplies. I
intend to use Akua-Color, shina plywood from McClain's
(my favorite), introduce some lino and those awesome
new pull-cutting tools. I may get a few extra tools
and boards to sell at cost, since I can always use
them myself if they don't sell.

I am asked to come up with a price for the
participants. My own travel costs will be small (just
an hour away). I am posting because I am clueless. I
am sometimes shocked by the high prices charged by
workshops but want to be fair to myself.

Advice appreciated as always
Betty