[teacherartexchange] A lesson plan based on Leonardo daVinci

---------

From: Kim Annis (rkannis5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 19:21:49 PDT

It is good to finally add an idea after being the
recipient of so many since I signed on in August.
As mentioned by others, looking at objects from nature
and having the students observe, study and draw them
is what I do with my third graders. I collect dried
grasses and plants on the road side, bring them into
class and set each stem into a seperate wad of
modeling clay on the table in front of the students. I
switch stems for the students when they are done so
they can draw more than one plant. They really get a
chance to look at each plant this way and they suprise
even themselves with the detail of their drawings. I
not only share pictures of davinci's sketches but also
the drawing by Albrecht Durer 'Study of nature" or
maybe it's refered to as "Grasses".