Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] Stacie: visual journals

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 07:27:30 PDT

We spent the first week (6-7-8) making sketchbooks and
I also wonder how to make that easier. This year we
used a comb binding machine and it was not great, they
come apart too easily. I think I'll go back to the
japanese binding.

I don't do assignments in them, we do our bellwork in
them. I have a lot of turnover in my classes, so need
to make ten or so extra every time for new students.

I REALLY like the idea of making them smaller, but
this year the first several pages are my usual
handouts (which they lose otherwise) and the last 2
pages are a foldout timeline and a world map for us to
fill in when we do art history.

I agree, my main point with the sketchbooks also is
for them to get in the habit of carrying one around. A
few have started drawing in them on their own. I let
them draw whatever they need to draw in them.

Also, they all know I have my own sketchbook and use
it frequently. They've all seen it, and they know it
is the source of much of my own work (paintings).

I can't find the post youall are referring to with the
pictures of the visual journals. Could it be posted
again please or emailed to me?

Betty