Re: [teacherartexchange] Thanks and another question

---------

From: Rick Larson (jrlarson51_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 13:08:46 PDT

Stacie, Woody has some good lesons that are successful. He was also a middle
school teacher, you might want to ask him. Other than that, I swear by chalk
rubbings- using a template they cut out of tag or some other sturdy paper,
outline cut side and use cotton ball to rub chalk dust downward on the paper
underneath the template. I have used them to make pueblos in 5th. they
added a chalk sky, cacti, ladders and small windows ( sharpies for ladders
and windows.)They will be amazed at how wonderful they are at making art. I
don't have any pictures, but will remember to take some this year. The same
technique could be used to make mountain scape, sea scape, etc or just a
colorful abstract.
Betsy