Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Frames for Paintings

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 15:53:24 PDT

I'm trying to make my own frames from 2 x 2's. I guess
it serves me right for moving 800 miles away from my
carpenter son. I ruined a bunch of wood today and
made a real mess. I'll find out on Sunday when I try to
assemble the sections I did get completed. I'm only
using redwood till I get all the bugs worked out,
then I'll get some quality hard woods.
I've invested in a router, table saw, miter saw,
compressor and brad nailer. So, there is no turning
back now. It's hard to buy ready made frames 28 X 36
for my full sheet watercolors. The last frames I got
from Daniel Smith were made of soft wood and really
too flimsy for a large painting. I'll stay at this
till I get it right. If anyone has any good suggestions
just send them my way.

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703