[teacherartexchange] "Better Artroom Cleanup", need help for grad paper please

---------

From: Worden, Erin (eworden_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 19:07:29 PDT

Dear Colleagues:

My name is Erin Worden. I am one of the art teachers at Novi High
School in Novi, MI. I am currently perusing my masters through Marygrove College
in the Masters in the Art of Teaching program. This program requires
me to complete a Collaborative Action Research Project. This is where
I need your help and expertise. I am doing my research on better
classroom cleanup. I am looking for those of you who have an organized
cleanup plan that you would be willing to share with me for my
research. I would appreciate a short description of different
successful pans, rules you might have posted, or a copy of any policy
that might effect students' grades in relation to cleanup. I would be
so grateful for any information that you could email to me.
I am also asking for a small survey to be completed even if you have
no formal plan. The survey is below. I will be happy to share the
results of my research with you. Thank you for your time and
consideration.

Sincerely,

Erin T. Worden
Novi High School

eworden@novi.k12.mi.us <mailto:eworden@novi.k12.mi.us <mailto:eworden@novi.k12.mi.us>

Teacher Survey

Please answer questions to the best of your ability. Please indicate specific reasons for your answers.

1. What classroom cleanup rules do you allow your students to collaborate with you about? (please mark all that may apply)

a. The creation of cleanup jobs
b. The jobs they are individually assigned
c. How they will do the jobs
d. When they will do the jobs
e. I don't allow my students any say

2. In my classroom I use a cleanup plan that:

a. is in the form of a chart that has specific jobs that students are assigned to do
b. consists of a list of rules that I expect students to individually participate in.
c. I have no specific rules or plan

3. Please describe why you feel that your current cleanup plan is successful or how you feel it could be better.