Re: [teacherartexchange] Art workshop

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 06:43:41 PDT

I think Holly has a great idea - how to do a 30 minute
art lesson from start to finish - where is Rachel Ray
when we need her?

On that note, Holly, I have my kids make ionic columns
with clay - it is pretty fast and they like them a
lot. We look at post/lintel then columns, then learn
to identify Doric Ionic and Corinthian in great
buildings, they get extra credit for finding any of
those capitals in our town, and in one class period we
make ionic columns. They use clay tools to flute the
columns.