Re: [teacherartexchange] schools' expectations of an art teacher

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 12:14:08 PDT

Our art club is always fundraising, so when anyone asks me to do some sign etc. for them
I say we'd be happy to and pull out our suggested donation chart---$50 for a painted sign,
and so forth. Some pay, some disappear.

>>> dianegregory@grandecom.net 09/20/05 3:01 PM >>>
Hi,

Good question. A similar thing happened to me when I refused to have my
students make the Chilli Supper posters in my elementary art classes. The
person who asked was the president of the PTA. She complained to the principal
and he backed me up! The next year the PTA paid for brand new tables for the
art room, so I guess in the long run it had no lasting effect. I wish I could
advise people about this kind of thing...Sometimes we just have to let people
get angry and realize that they own their own reactions. That is very hard to
do, especially if the person is an influential person. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Diane

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory