Re: [teacherartexchange] All-School read

---------

From: Karen Beery (KBEERY_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 09:40:41 PDT

Where to begin? But here are a few:
I read both The Agony and the Ecstasy and The Lust for Life by Irving
Stone in high school and they definitely had an effect on my perception
of the importance of art.

The Colour of Heaven by James Runcie is a romantic historical quest set
in Renaissance Florence and in China, surrounding the search for
ultramarine.

Haven't read this one but have heard good things about it. Provides a
look at the historic world of textiles: A Perfect Red by Amy Butler
Greenfield

>>> kcakablondie@mac.com 09/20/05 5:54 PM >>>
The Art Department at my high school has been asked to choose a book
for the entire student body to read over the summer. I'd love any
recommendations of books that would be interesting to high school
students and would convey a message about the importance of art in
one's life. Any ideas?