Re: [teacherartexchange] I hate to be a downer- Pinwheels

---------

From: Ellen Mcmillan (studio31m_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 17:42:58 PDT

I, along with Ann Ayers, began this project with no intention of being controversial. Odd how some people see it this way, right?

We have also encountered a few hesitant participants but we have to keep emphasizing that it is not a political statement. Many of our own students see it as a way to find peace within themselves, sharing peace, and then maybe creating a more peaceful world. A great concept, huh?

So sorry you were met with "non peaceful" thoughts.

Maybe we'll share some of the positive notes and newspaper articles written by others that appreciate what we are all trying to do.

Thanks for your effort...maybe next year?

On Monday, September 19, 2005, at 07:17PM, Melissa Speelman <lucylomax@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

>I have all my pinwheels made and my principal will not allow me to display
>them on Wednesday. He spoke with our superintendent and it was decided that
>this project is too controversial. Talk about political correctness gone
>insane.
>
>:(
>

>---
>To unsubscribe go to