Re: [teacherartexchange] a thought about what is art worth realistically

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 16:17:05 PDT

I think gift certificates is a good compromise. I know that when I purchase
raffle tickets and win prizes such as "free massage", "free haircut", etc it
just doesn't mean as much. Free services don't seem valued as much as cash
or physical in-your-hand-type prizes. By offering cash prizes for winning
artwork you are reinforcing that art can indeed produce a living, AND it
would get the students and hopefully their parents into a store that they
may otherwise never enter.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids