Re: [teacherartexchange] schools' expectations of an art teacher

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 16:08:37 PDT

Last year our PTA purchased a Sony Mavica digital camera and a Sony video
camera. This year the president's oldest daughter is in high school, and she
has just joined the Booster Club. Suddenly they want me to loan out my
cameras to the high school. The video camera is used to create DVD's of the
primary school musical plays, and the camera is used for the elementary
yearbook and technology classes I teach at the grade school. I expressed my
concerns with my administrator and she backed me 100% when I explained that
these were purchased for my program. I politely told them that if I do that
I will never see them again, and who will replace them if they get broken?
They understood (or at least dropped the idea).
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids