Re: [teacherartexchange] a thought about what is art worth realistically

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 16:00:27 PDT

I personally would have been excited if I had won an
art class when I was in Jr. High. When I was teaching,
most of my Middle School art students would have gladly
looked forward to a weekend or summer art class. The
problem was always a lack of transportation. It would
be fantastic if transportation were provided. My kids
were poor or their parents were too busy working to
take them to the classes I could get scholarships for.

I think that an exhibit where each school got to display
a set number of pieces would work best. They could be
selected by the teacher. That way School X would not
have way more on display than school Y. I think equal
prizes for each school would be fair also. Although
I'm very competitive, I like to see everyone get equal
treatment especially at that age.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque