Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] combined classes

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 15:48:09 PDT

Physical numbers are relative - I have had large classes of over 30 students
in the past that were high achievers, self-motivated, and a breeze to teach.
The next hour held 12 obnoxious, lazy, and in this case, all boys, who were
only there because art was the better alternative. I currently have 9
kindergarten students who are SO much harder to teach than my 24 1st
graders. The 9 are all either youngest or only children, over 1/2 have JUST
turned 5, and they are SO high maintence! It's funny how that can happen.
:-) But I 100% agree with the statement of whether I would choose to leave
my situation to teach single level courses - well, I was allowed that
opportunity last spring and I turned it down - I'll keep my 2 towns, 3
buildings, 4 classrooms daily routine cause I love my kids.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids