Re: [teacherartexchange] teaching multiple classes

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 20:12:04 PDT

Hi Michal and all,

This thread about multiple levels started because a first year teacher who is
feeling overwhelmed with multiple levels asked if this was a common practice.
Many people said that it was and this was reality. They expressed the fear
that if they complained about it they could possibly lose their jobs. I think
your situation is unique. Many of the multiple level classes that were
described included numerous students sometimes over 30 with three or four
levels within one class. I believe this was the situation with the first year
teacher. Many explained that this was overwhelming but this was the reality of
their situation. My suggestions to the list are to first year teachers who find
themselves in overwhelming situations or teachers who are new to a district.
Michal, it sounds like your situation is not like that. I worry that the
impression this first year teacher received from the list is that we have to
put up with this type of overwhelming situation.

Diane