[teacherartexchange] plastic pinwheels

---------

From: christine (kotarsky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 18:12:56 PDT

We made our pinwheels out of transparency film and permanent markers. They
turned out great. We are putting the pinwheels out in the downtown park and
they will stay up for a week. I wanted them to look good for a long time.
One teacher who is doing the project with me went out and bought grommets
and is putting the eyelets in 350 pinwheels. Ours will survive high winds
and rain. They may fade in the sun however. We haven't had rain for weeks
now and I am afraid the dowels will break as they plant them. I hope to sell
some pinwheels for the Katrina fund.
Christine