Re: [teacherartexchange] teaching multiple classes

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 17:23:41 PDT

The problem with my district is that we are limited in scheduling. If I only
allow my high school students to take Art 1, then there is no other
alternative for them. There are conflicts with required courses with every
grade level. We have 2 English teachers, 2 math teachers, 1 science teacher,
1 social studies teacher, so students have to take their required classes
when they are offered. I am on the scheduling committee, and there is NO
solution that works well for everyone. I don't offer mixed levels within a
class to keep my job - I do it to keep students interested in art. I have
taught this year's seniors since they were in first grade, and there's not a
single one of them that I could turn away. That's my .02
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids