Re: [teacherartexchange] art conference and remembering to delete the rest of...

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 16:38:28 PDT

Diane C. Gregory wrote:
> Randy and all,
>
> As part of my explanation of why I do not delete some parts of messages...
>
> Sometimes my web mail software will not allow me to delete part of an old
> message when I reply. So, sometimes I do have to send the entire message. I
> am sorry this is an inconvenience for people...Generally most people do the
> best they can...there may be an explanation when it seems some people are not
> complying with this request. Assume the best.

As Diane says, each e-mail program is different. That's one reason
I still use this old version of Netscape, It's comfortable like that
1950 Desota I once had. My program allows me to delete the unnecessary
portions of the text I'm responding to. I try to leave enough of the
original message so that my reply has some context to be based on.
I guess the old rule about not reposting more than 20 lines of the
original message no longer holds. It's good practice even if it is
no longer a rule. We should do it if we can.
                                        Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net