Re: [teacherartexchange] art conference and remembering to delete the rest of...

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 14:00:08 PDT

Randy and all,

As part of my explanation of why I do not delete some parts of messages...

Sometimes my web mail software will not allow me to delete part of an old
message when I reply. So, sometimes I do have to send the entire message. I
am sorry this is an inconvenience for people...Generally most people do the
best they can...there may be an explanation when it seems some people are not
complying with this request. Assume the best.

Also some people who do not have the Digest have deleted previous messages and
it can be helpful to understand the context to see the sequence of messages.
There really is no perfect solution to the problem, except to be patient with
each other. :-)

I have noticed that some people do leave the entire text and others do not. It
is a mixed bag.

This person who just wrote in is obviously thinking she is not receiving the
entire text since, some people have truncated the messages she is receiving.

I do not subscribe to the digest and I usually delete earlier messages, so I do
enjoy seeing the entire text of messages. As I said, there really is no
perfect solution...except patience and understanding.

Diane

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate