Re:[teacherartexchange] Teaching Online

---------

From: Mark Anderson (azorch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 05:47:13 PDT

Yes, I've been using Blackboard for the past two years
as a part of my regular class program, last year for
8th grade and this year for high school. I use it as
(a) a single resource for informational items such as
syllabus, contact, web links, assignment sheets, etc.;
(b) an archive for my PowerPoint presentations, slide
shows, and "where you can go to catch up on class
discussion points when you've been absent;" (c) a
limited amount of online discussion -- although I'm
planning to increase use of this feature this year;
(d) for my art|MEDIA and graphic design classes, I've
used Blackboard as a place for electronic submission
of final projects, both visual solutions and written
reflections. I find that Blackboard and my own website
compliment my in-class instruction in a fairly
authentic way (most of my kids are expert at surfing
the web, so this is a natural extension of their
already proficient ability.) Also, I use Blackboard as
a place students and parents can go to to link to
regularly updated student "art galleries," especially
for foundational art classes, AP Studio Art, and
photography.

Mark