[teacherartexchange] cleaning up with small children

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 14:26:23 PDT

I'm enjoying this line of thought....because we are all there! I sometimes
"flag" a class that has a history of clean-up issues. All the ideas so far
have been great and I use a lot them (counting, pick up a certain # of
things, not getting to line up etc..) But if it seems nothing is working
and one class is always late getting out... I tell them "I'm sorry but
next time you will have to stop 5 minutes earlier and start cleaning up.
Usually it takes 5 minutes but since you can't get it done in 5 we will
have to take 10 and you will get less time to work on great
projects,etc...." I put their classes name on a sign somewhere or mark it
on my seating chart so I will remember. Usually they will work hard to get
back their 5 minutes. But sometimes there is just that class that needs
more time. Marking it down helps me to remember which one out of 24 needs
more clean up time.
          Jeryl in SC