Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 13, 2005

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 12:19:38 PDT

I have classes like this. I teach drawing and painting at the same time as advanced art---and it's kind of a circus. You have to plan your assignments so that you can start one thing with one group while the other group is working on their own. I have studio kids coming in throughout the day and working independently. On slow days I work with them, but they should have the skills to plan and execute their own assignments with a minimum of help from you.

>>> jlmc@erols.com 09/14/05 6:08 PM >>>
Teaching multiple classes within a period is what I have been asked to do
this year. I have been told that this is normal for a HS art teacher. Is
It?
 I teach 4 periods like this and two other periods with one discipline. My
multi classes within a period are like the following: fundamentals with
studio 1 & 2 & another period with AP Art, Studio 1 & 2 .. Is this what any
of you are doing?
I have been teaching for over 25 years and this is new to me to be a one
room school house. I use my blackboard with instructions for each group and
try to spend time with each group. I am stressed and unable to give only a
few minutes attention to each group. Any suggestions? Our school is
private and the teachers do not have a union. Les