Re: [teacherartexchange] Pinwheel sucesses

---------

From: Laurie Reber (lareb18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 21:07:23 PDT

We just finished the last of the pinwheels. Each of
230 of my 7th and 8th grade students completed a
pinwheel. We attached the pinwheels to the tip of a
straw with a round bead-headed straight pin and then
placed the straw onto a wooden dowel. They spin great
and the students did a fabulous job! They are filling
the classroom now, in addition to the 3000 paper
cranes we made for the soldiers in Iraq and the
hurricane victims. All will be displayed on Wednesday
the 21st. We have volunteers from Intel who will be
helping our school display the pinwheels and peace
cranes. They will also be sending pictures to the
soldiers in Iraq (many of the Intel workers have sons
or daughters over there, and were quite impressed with
the work the students are doing to promote peace).
This was a very worthwhile project! Pictures will be
coming soon!

Laurie
Chandler, AZ (where it is still over 100 degrees!!)