Re:[teacherartexchange] Multiple Levels

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 19:57:41 PDT

I have always taught multiple levels within a class period. When students
draw a still-life I have all students draw it - just change the idea from
year to year. Balance when projects begin so you can work with one group
while the other groups are working. I have had Art 1-4 and Independent Study
within one period. Once you learn your kids and figure out their needs it
really isn't a big deal. I could have said no early on to teaching multiple
levels, but then those kids would never get to take more advanced classes -
one class and they'd be done due to our small school & my limited time.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids