[teacherartexchange] Clean Up for 1st graders

---------

From: Tina (teachemart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 17:02:27 PDT

Dear Marcia,

I too, teach the little ones and I realized that the calmer I can be
and the more direct with my directions, the better they listened. I
agree with making your expectations really clear by explaining how we
clean up. Also, I try to reward each of the tables who clean up the
quietest. Again, I agree that every 1st grader likes to be recognized
for a job well done. Keep the directions simple and have them do one
direction at a time. Hope this helps!

Tina