[teacherartexchange] 3-D Design - Paper Mache Letters (middle school)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 08:33:05 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Linda Hoffelt did the paper mache letters lesson idea that was posted
during the summer.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Jeanie-Logo.htm
Click on the middle school link at the top - or scroll down.
Linda's lesson was a "Things that begin with the letter......" They
also focused on color planning. See the letter Z example.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/images/Linda-letter.jpg

This might be a neat service project to take on - Students create the
letters for the Kindergarten teachers to use. Create an entire set of
letters.

See Linda's site for more great middle school lesson ideas:
Mickelson Middle School, Brookings South Dakota
http://lh026.k12.sd.us/
or http://www.brookings.k12.sd.us/ click on schools, Mickelson Middle
School, then staff links by team and areas, then art department.

Thanks for sharing Linda.

I invite all who do lesson ideas that are posted to the list to share
back by sending an image to me. I will find some way to share it with
everyone.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/