RE: [teacherartexchange] cleaning up with young children

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 06:30:37 PDT

Linda,
Yes, I am also facinated by the weird psychology of clean up time. This
year I had a wonderful plan. I put small yellow paint pen stars on 1 chair
at each table so that those children can be the captain. There are 4 chairs
at each table so I thought it would work great and we would change at the 9
weeks. I did not know that the high school would be "borrowing" my
classroom each morning for an hour when I am not there. Because the elem.
chairs are smaller the high school kids are constantly rearranging them to
fit their large bodies. When my small kiddies come in the yellow star
chairs are all rearranged. They have a FIT because the table captain chair
is missing and "I HAVE to sit in the yellow-star chair!!!" What a
hilarious disaster! The best laid plans of mice and men.......
Kids really do have a love/hate relationship with clean-up!
Cindy

<<<There's a lot of weird psychology going on at cleanup time, isn't there?
Linda>>>>>>