Re: [teacherartexchange] 1st grade clean up: I need some tips!

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 19:28:46 PDT

Before you begin cleaning up you might make clear your expectations. Maybe
something like "after we finish drawing our dog it will be time to begin
cleaning up. We will put our markers in the bags, stack our artwork neatly
on the table in a pile, and then wait for my super special instructions".
Then, do different things for line up. One day I might line them up by
quietest table first, some days it is by color clothes (whoever is wearing
the color that red and blue mixed together make may line up), some days it
is by individual students, some days it is by who is standing quietly behind
the red chairs (I have 2 different color chairs). The students know that it
is routine to clean up, stack their artwork, and stand quietly behind their
chairs, but they don't know how we're going to line up, so they have to
listen closely, because we ALL know how important it is to line up first!
*L*
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids