Re: [teacherartexchange] 1st grade clean up: I need some tips!

---------

From: Chris Lincoln (artlover44_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 18:56:08 PDT

Marcia,

I teach 600 students, K-8, at a Catholic school in Calif.....my best advice
is at clean-up time start counting from 10 down to 0. I let them know at
the beginning of the school year this is how clean-up works.....by the time
you get to 0 you expect that they will be seated in their seats and their
table will be "impeccably" clean. Don't ask how or why, but they respond
sooooo well to this game.

Best of luck,

Chris