[teacherartexchange] Pinwheel sucesses

---------

From: Leah Rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 08:24:09 PDT

I planned to have my elementary classes work on pinwheels this week - I too
switched from Pencils to straws - BUT added a dollop of Model magic to the
tip of the straw, it acts as a holder for the pin and a spacer at behind the
wheel... as I sometimes do, I experimented on my Middle Schoolers before
trying it with kindergarten! - worked out most of the bugs.

We do not have a garden, to any grass but we will plant the (with duct tape)
on the outer railing of our building on Wednesday - pretty cool project!

Leah