[teacherartexchange] Need assistance

---------

From: David Miller (tex.art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 01:27:18 PDT

I am attempting to put together a presentation that explores the various
interpretations of appropriate and inappropriate imagery in the context of
the high school art class. I am a high school art teacher at Wissahickon HS
in Ambler, PA.

I am interested in challenges faced in terms of visual culture
investigations, nudity, religion, politics, abortion, etc.

Anecdotal stories, articles, policies, examples, etc. would be very
appreciated. I'm hoping to do a presentation at the PAEA conference and the
NAEA conference. It will be titled Appropriateness: Traversing the Hegemonic
Minefield.

Thanks,
David Miller