[teacherartexchange] What to order for papermaking?

---------

From: Sue Cosgrove (CosgrovS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 06:05:23 PDT

I am planning on doing papermaking with my classes this year, I teach K-4 art. I have never done papermaking and am trying to order supplies for the project. I plan to make it out of our scraps and left over paper. Dick Blick has a Arnold Grummer's Pour Handmolds kit. Says you can pour the pulp directly into it for faster results. There is also the Arnold Grummer's Tin Can Papermaking kit suppose to work with a class. I also found instructions on the internet saying make your own deckles our of wood. I thought I might try canvas stretchers for frames. The last teacher left a paper press here so I have that I can use. I was planning on ordering extra couch sheets. I assume I will be the one that has to do most of the work on this. They can help me to tear up the paper for the pulp and stuff. Would the pour Handmolds be best and let two kids work with them at a time? I would appreciate all advice. I need to put my order in today if possible so please email you advice quickly.

Sue Cosgrove
Art Teacher
Carroll Elementary School
817-949-4353