Re: [teacherartexchange] pinwheels for peace

---------

From: Rick Larson (jrlarson51_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 05:34:26 PDT

Sharon, we used "T" pins- they are long enough to allow a space in between
the straw , pinwheel, and pinwheel front. The part that sticks out past the
straw, ,we put a pc. of masking tape folded over the end of the pin to keep
the pin from poking anything.) I tried the needle nosed pliers, and did
that for a kinder class, but found it too time consuming. The folded over
tape seemed to work well. Yes, I am hoping that I do not have any yahoos
that will pull the tape off on the bus, and use it inappropriately. On a
side note, on a larger pinwheel, that I had unfolded a paper clip and stuck
that through the middle, we just used the end of the paper clip to hold on
to andd walked to have it spin. The kids thought it was so neat that it
didn't need a straw to spin. ~ funny...
Betsy